Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Test

Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Would Die For You


It's Girls Talk once again, and another interesting topic for this week "Foods To Die For". I have a great passion when it comes to cooking and baking. I grew up in the kitchen with my granny and papa who's a good cook, and also with the influence of my bff Aruba. Since I was younger, I always wanted to learn how to cook. I also love browsing and reading books and magazines which theme is about foods, baking and cooking. And it's not a wonder now, and  that I'm proud to say that I'm good when it comes to it. Maybe it's also one reason why I capture heart the man I am with now...kasi I do believe in the saying "A way to a man's HEART is through his stomach!"...and I know almost girls out there would agree with me..*wink*

But on today's topic I will not feature foods I've cooked or baked, but about what me and Joey had discovered during our stay in Cebu City. Both, we love eating street foods, and it's really a fad here in the Philippines, some say, it's not healthy and bad for the health, but what can we do?! masarap kasi eh! we can't help it but try and crave for more...But what we loved most is the so called "Ginabot", a Bisaya term for chicharong bulaklak. It is made out from the pig's intestines which is salted and deep fried which resembles a flower appearance - a crispy flower-shaped finger food accompanied with puso, (a perfect match) together with the sawsawan with onions and chilies...thumbs up! So yummy...*wink* and what's more interesting is that there's no plates, forks and spoons being served, so what you need to do is to ask some plastic bag (the small one), serves as your plate and  cover of your hands...What???! Yes, I guess you need to try it, so much fun and super sulit, super busog ka pa...







It is found in the streets of Cebu City, some were found in the stalls with benches called pungko-pungko, or some were found in a bike being strolled around the city.




 
 Click the button for the list of all entries

22 beautiful crazy thoughts:

Peter John Ruiz said...

yummmm pang pa taas BP. would try pungko-pungko next time :D mahal sa mooons cafe ang chicharon bulaklak daan :))

lyzacruz88 said...

Ang mga chicharon, nakamamatay talaga! haha

Yummy foodie :) Happy GT!

http://www.lyzalane.info/2011/04/gt-food-to-die-for.html

PL said...

never again will i eat in pungko2x! had a bad experience with that. but the chicharon bulaklak looks yummy!!!

Pink Memoirs
These and Those
Hands Full of Life

Painting Tips and Tricks said...

I like your blog!...Daniel

zoan said...

ginabot tastes good :)

i love to eat puso with bbq or isaw. rhehehe

mine is up here: http://stylishvoyager.com/2011/04/07/gt-i-would-die-for-a-lechon-right-now/

Claire said...

chicharon is my husband's favorite. we didn't try something like that when we visited Cebu. we only ate the puso rice and chicken barbeque. visiting for GT Thursday. have a nice day!

betterYeth.blogspot.com

Eds said...

Wow! Ang sasarap naman ng mga yan grabe! Gustong kainin lahat ngayon yan kaso baka hospital naman bagsak ko lol! :)

Mine is up too, thanks!

http://edsnanquil.com/2011/04/girls-talk-food.html

Kero said...

nakuuu peborit ko ang chicharong bulaklak...ayw lang ng asawa ko LOLL!

Thank you for the visit, dear =)

Irish said...

hindi ako familiar sa mga yan ah lol pero it looks good nga :)


http://www.imasworld.com/2011/04/gt-once-you-pop-you-cant-stop/

MJ Rodriguez said...

Ooohhh....I used to buy these on my way home from school in the streets of Divisoria. I am actually hungry for some now!

Shengkay said...

korek! agree dun sa saying na iyon..
korek gid ka ya miga..kibs nila kong wer ka ma-eat..as long as you enjoy it..we need bad bacteria sometimes you know..
hehehe
My GT Foodie have a nice day!:)
*****************
Shengkay’s Journal
Shengkay Random Nest

Maricel said...

I remember eating chicharong bulaklak as a viand when I was a kid, and I still do that until now when I feel like it! ^_^ Sarap with vinegar na sobrang asim! Yum! :)

Happy GT dear. Here's mine! Hope you could visit my entry. :)

============================
Mars @ The Life Encounters

Mommy Sam said...

I agree! I won BF over through his stomach (or I'd like to think). Haha! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Followed you too! Happy GT!

anne said...

Yay, our diet will be ruined with this foods you are telling us, hehehe the foods are all mouth watering hehehe Mine is here thanks Little World of Fun

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I like the Chicharon Bulaklak specially with dip in vinegar. :)

jared's mum said...

everything in your post is making me salivate^^ i love eating street foods (in moderation) too + i'd love to try these when i go to cebu (whenever that would be)

Karren said...

My Huny tried that in Cebu. and he says it really taste good and he called it "hardcore kainan". Maybe this year I can try it as well. Happy GT! mine is up here

JonaBQ said...

oi namiss ko yung suman na yun ah! sounds really fun to eat at that pungko-pungko. hope they create one here in south Luzon too :D hehe. thanks for the visit in my entry!
have a great weekend!

kimmyschemy said...

wow! everything here is simply... YU-UH-MMMYYY!

Simply Dyes said...

makes me hungry!!!

Yummy is my food. Please dont forget to like my page @ FB. Thanks very much!

Happy GT!

Never hesitate to drop by my STREET.

☆Mama Ko☆ said...

Ohh these are te food i love back in cebu city, mamatay ako pag wala nito. pero dito wala dito yan kaya im dying na hehe

E!FT Visiting from GT

Random WAHM Thoughts said...

WAAAAAHHH!! anything ihaw is our current addiction! in fact we had a bbq party yesterday outside the house despite the c-c-cold. hee hee.how addicted is that??

i envy you. i cannot get anything to taste like it should be when i cook. so what did my husband like about me then? it must be my good looks! LOL. JK.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments. Keep it coming..:)


1st of the Month 7 For All Mankind Alexander McQueen All about Philippines Antulang Beaach resort AVIDA TOWERS Baby Back Ribs Back in each others arms Bacolod City Balbagan Festival Balmain Basilica bat watching BC Bloggers Secret beach being a daughter being a sister/friend best things are free bird photography Birth control method Black and White Black Forest Cake Black Saturday with friends Blog contest blue monday blue teddy bubble buhayOFW BULB Burberry Camera Critters Campomanes Bay Casa Verde Cathedral CBRC days CC cebu trip Celebrities to die for Chanel chin chin and dhe chin in gown Chin's 1st Birthday Chin's Birthday chinese new year Chocolate Cake christmas party Church Visit Cole Haan color connection colorful weekend communication CONDOMINIUMS congratulations Cotton Candy couples corner crazy over purple saturdays cry baby Daddy and baby DANNIJO denial Dessert Diane von Furstenberg divorce Dorothy Perkins Dr. Carl Balita Drinks Dumaguete City earthquakes Egypt Elizabeth Arden ending endless love falling in love Fantasy Jewelry Box fashion fear feelings Final Coaching Pink Day fitness Five Question Friday flower arrangement Foods to die for FOR SALE forbidden Friday 5 Friends FTF Gadgets to Die for Galeon Andalucia girl girl thing Girls Talk GirlsTalk Givenchy God wants you to know goodbye Graduation graduation pic Green Beer Green Cookies Green Monday GT guy who cares happiness happy birthday happy men Happy Mother's Day happy teachers day HARRISON heart vs mind heartbreaks Hello Kitty Henri Bendel ho to have sex appeal honey are we lost? hospital How do I live without you how to join how to understand a girl How We Celebrate Our Togetherness how's I am a NURSE I Cried A river ice cream ICU interest intuition iPhone J.Crew JB Jeffrey Campbell job Just Me Kabankalan City KBL Eyewear Kendra Scott Key chain keys keys to a happy marriage kids in doodles King's Burger L'Fisher Hotel L'Occitane Landmark Lapu2x Shrine LDR LDS letting go life love love notes love questions love story Lover LSS Macro Monday Mag-aso Falls Magellan's Cross magician make someone fall for you making decisions Mambukal Resort Marni marriage Matthew Williamson me in toga meme men men 101 Michael Kors Miss Selfridge MM mm's Mommy and Me moral lesson motivation movie review Music I Cried music I fall for Music I hate Music Notes music that made me smile my group my random thoughts my sis My World NARS Cosmetics new year NLE result Nursing Orange orange Tuesday OUR LOVE STORY our wedding day outdoor Outdoor Wednesday Owls parable of a pencil parrots Petty Quarrels PF Philippine news philosophy pink saturday pink theme poem polyvore porcelain doll Pork Strips with Veggies potty training Proenza Schouler Profession Prosperity Summit Punta Bulata random Ray-Ban reality reality speaks Red relationships Resorts Restaurant Rick Owens rock and roll friday Roxy Slipper Ruby Tuesday Scarlet Wednesday Scenic Sunday Selecting Care Givers Shadow Shot Silver Linings Simala single Sinulog sipalay city Skin Cancer Skywatch Snake SOOC Saturday SOOC Saturday and Sunday SOOC Sunday sorry St. Patrick's Day stolen shot stop strawberry Stress Management style summer Summer break summer outfit summer plans sunday stealing Sweet Saturday SWF take action Talking Tom Taoist Temple temper tantrums The Japanese thegeekgoddess time will heal toddlers travel truth about girls Uniqlo Versace Wallis Watery Wednesday we're engaged wedding gown Wednesday Whites Weekend Black and White weekly memes When getting ready When he doesn't like what I cooked white beach with hubby World Teachers' Day WW Yellow mellow monday YS Yummy Sunday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Template by:

Free Blog Templates